Header Ads

  • Breaking News

    Why I Will Never Support Jungle Justice - OlowoB


    I decided to share this Cos my heart bleeds as a result of the jungle justice carried out in ikorodu in recent times. I do not support crime but I also stand against jungle justice (this is not the way to go). This is going to be a long read, please learn from a real life story.

    My bro moved back to the country from the Uk after so many years with his family to kebbi state to start lecturing. This is someone who has been so passionate to come back home, telling me of how Nigeria will be a great country and there are lots of opportunities etc. He was just settling down in kebbi with his family and trying to adapt to his new environment when an incident happened.

    If I remember clearly, I think it was on a Saturday in April this year, he left to the market to buy some things and he parked his Peugeot 406 just opposite the market to get some stuffs. After buying some things he rushed back to his car and opened the car and sat inside but he noticed something was strange. While trying to figure out what was wrong, a guy came to his side almost immediately and knocked on the window and told him to wind down and immediately my brother did this, the guy landed a slap on my brother and started calling him thief. While my brother was still trying to balance well due to the stars he was seeing, This guy, a tall man dragged him down and started beating him while other guys around quickly joined in. People just started beating him without asking questions (this was someone well dressed).

    As God will have it, an elderly Hausa man just came from nowhere and said stop beating this man and let's hear him out first, I thank goodness the guys beating him obeyed and they stopped. My bro said he has a car also and showed his car keys as evidence. So the man collected the car keys from his hand and asked that he takes them to where his own car was (cos at this stage, he checked the initial car he entered and discovered they had similar colour, same car make, almost same plate number except for the last 2 letters and surprisingly his car keys could open another Peugeot 406).

    It was while the elderly man was doing the investigation my brother now discovered that his car was parked just like 2 miles ahead of this other Peugeot 406. The elderly man confirmed and the guys who have been beating him all this while just said sorry and left.

    Questions are? What would have happened if that elderly man had not turned up on time?
    Hausas sometimes move around with daggers, what if they have used it on him? If they had killed him, they would have said he was a thief and people on Nairaland would have also said good riddance.

    I would be coming on a short visit to naija this year and we have a family house in Ikorodu close to laspotech, infact close to mallo filling station opposite sawmill. With what his happening at the moment, I doubt if I can enter that zone (I don't want to wear short knickers around that zone now and they will say I am baddho and maybe get burnt... God forbid). Unfortunately I would not see my mother. I can bet it that ag least one innocent person must have been killed in that ikorodu jungle justice.

    I also understand the pains of the affected families, relatives killed by badoo but jungle justice is NEVER the way to go. Please and please, the police should come out and do what they are paid for. God bless Nigeria, God bless Lagos state.

    No comments

    Post Top Ad